- Review: Return to Paradise (Leaving Paradise #2) b...
- Congratulations to Kirsty Eagar!
- Waiting on Wednesday: Desires of the Dead by Kimbe...
- Teaser Tuesday #11
- Review: Matched by Ally Condie
- In My Mailbox #13
- I've Received Some Bloggy Awards!
- I've been tagged!
- Aussie YA Author Appearances @ Borders Melbourne C...
- Author Interview + Giveaway: Fiona Wood
- Book Blogger Hop #12 & Follow Friday #6
- Win Lunch with author Kirsty Eagar and a tour of P...
- Author Interview: Kirsty Eagar
- Waiting on Wednesday: Embrace by Jessica Shirvingt...
- Teaser Tuesday #10
- In My Mailbox #12
- Review: Fury by Shirley Marr
- Book Blogger Hop #11 & Follow Friday #5
- Waiting on Wednesday: Vampire Crush by A. M. Robin...
- In My Mailbox #11
- Book Blogger Hop #10 & Follow Friday #4
- Waiting on Wednesday: Please Ignore Vera Dietz by ...
- Teaser Tuesday #9
- Book Blogger Hop #9 & Follow Friday #3
- Review: Saltwater Vampires by Kirsty Eagar
- Waiting on Wednesday: Starstruck by Cyn Balog
- ▼ September (26)
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
9:57 PM | Posted by Romy @ Lost.in.Stories | Edit Post
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" is:
Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
Release Date: October 12, 2010
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Age Group: Young Adult
---Is it okay to hate a dead kid?
---Even if I loved him once?
---Even if he was my best friend?
---Is it okay to hate him for being dead?
Eighteen-year-old Vera's spent her whole life secretly in love with her best friend, Charlie Kahn. And over the years she's kept a lot of his secrets. Even after he betrayed her. Even after he ruined everything.
So when Charlie dies in dark circumstances, Vera knows a lot more than anyone—the kids at school, his family, or even the police. But will she emerge and clear his name? Does she even want to?
An edgy, gripping story, Please Ignore Vera Dietz is an unforgettable novel: smart, funny, dramatic, and always surprising.
I love the sound of this novel, I want to know what Charlie did to betray Vera, I want to know Charlie’s secrets, I want to know what are the dark circumstances of his death, in other words I have to buy myself a copy of this book once it’s released so I can find out!
For anyone who is interested the first chapter of Please Ignore Vera Dietz is up on A.J. King’s website simply click HERE to start reading, enjoy!
Well that’s my “waiting on” pick, what's yours this week?
Labels: Waiting on Wednesday
- Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
- Greetings fellow blog readers, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. Now you may be wondering who is lost.in.stories? Well lost.in.stories is also known as Romy, a 23 year old graduate student from Australia who loves to read. I read (maybe devour would be a more appropriate word) largely young adult novels, with a particular love of fantasy and paranormal novels, however I am also a sucker for a good romance.
- Angels (2)
- Australian (5)
- Author Appearances (5)
- Author Guest Post (1)
- Author Interviews (4)
- Author News (2)
- Awards (4)
- Bloggy News (7)
- Book Blogger Hop (22)
- Book News (2)
- Book Trailers (1)
- Book-to-Movie News (3)
- Contests (3)
- Cover Reveals (4)
- Dystopian (1)
- Faeries (4)
- Fantasy (10)
- Festivals (1)
- Follow Friday (11)
- Free Reads (1)
- Giveaways (15)
- Goblins (1)
- Historical (1)
- In My Mailbox (26)
- Memoir (1)
- Miscellaneous (2)
- Paranormal (4)
- Reading Challenges (2)
- Realistic/Contemporary (11)
- Review (39)
- Romance (10)
- Series (24)
- Teaser Tuesdays (26)
- Teasers (3)
- Vampires (9)
- Videos (3)
- Waiting on Wednesday (31)
- Welcome (2)
- Werewolves (1)