Currently Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Lost in Stories bookshelf: read

Tess of the D'UrbervillesThe AwakeningSome Girls BiteGirls Like Funny BoysKissed by an Angel Collector's Edition: Kissed by an Angel; the Power of Love; SoulmatesCity of Glass

More of Romy's books »
Romy's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" is:
Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King

Release Date: October 12, 2010
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Age Group: Young Adult

---Is it okay to hate a dead kid?
---Even if I loved him once?
---Even if he was my best friend?
---Is it okay to hate him for being dead?

Eighteen-year-old Vera's spent her whole life secretly in love with her best friend, Charlie Kahn. And over the years she's kept a lot of his secrets. Even after he betrayed her. Even after he ruined everything.

So when Charlie dies in dark circumstances, Vera knows a lot more than anyone—the kids at school, his family, or even the police. But will she emerge and clear his name? Does she even want to?

An edgy, gripping story, Please Ignore Vera Dietz is an unforgettable novel: smart, funny, dramatic, and always surprising.

I love the sound of this novel, I want to know what Charlie did to betray Vera, I want to know Charlie’s secrets, I want to know what are the dark circumstances of his death, in other words I have to buy myself a copy of this book once it’s released so I can find out!

For anyone who is interested the first chapter of Please Ignore Vera Dietz is up on A.J. King’s website simply click HERE to start reading, enjoy!

Well that’s my “waiting on” pick, what's yours this week?

5 comments:

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

This sounds utterly, utterly fantastic. Thanks for highlighting this. Going to be adding this to my TBR pile.

Belinda said...

I've seen this book recommended before and it looks interesting. I hope you enjoy it when it's released :)

Here's my WOW

Heather said...

Looks interesting! A lot of people have your current read on their 'waiting' for today!
New follower here :)

danya said...

Saw this one as someone else's WoW this week - sounds dark and intriguing! Also I see you're reading Matched...jealous you have a copy but hope you're enjoying it!

Lori said...

Looks emotional. I hope that when you get your book, you enjoy it. Here is what I am Waiting On Wednesday for.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
Greetings fellow blog readers, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. Now you may be wondering who is lost.in.stories? Well lost.in.stories is also known as Romy, a 23 year old graduate student from Australia who loves to read. I read (maybe devour would be a more appropriate word) largely young adult novels, with a particular love of fantasy and paranormal novels, however I am also a sucker for a good romance.
View my complete profile

Email Subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Reading Challenges

Awards

Awards



ARC Tours

Counter

Guests Online

Stats