Currently Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Lost in Stories bookshelf: read

Tess of the D'UrbervillesThe AwakeningSome Girls BiteGirls Like Funny BoysKissed by an Angel Collector's Edition: Kissed by an Angel; the Power of Love; SoulmatesCity of Glass

More of Romy's books »
Romy's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" is:

Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting

Release Date: March 15, 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Age Group: Young Adult

Violet can sense the echoes of those who've been murdered—and the matching imprint that clings to their killers. Only those closest to her know what she is capable of, but when she discovers the body of a young boy she also draws the attention of the FBI, threatening her entire way of life.

As Violet works to keep her morbid ability a secret, she unwittingly becomes the object of a dangerous obsession. Normally she'd turn to her best friend, Jay, except now that they are officially a couple, the rules of their relationship seem to have changed. And with Jay spending more and more time with his new friend Mike, Violet is left with too much time on her hands as she wonders where things went wrong. But when she fills the void by digging into Mike's tragic family history, she stumbles upon a dark truth that could put everyone in danger.

I love, love, loved the Body Finder, hands down one of my favourite books I’ve read this year, so imagine my giddiness when I found out there would be a sequel and just from reading the blurb I know it’s going to be awesome! I know 2011 seems so far away but I won’t have to wait long to read it because I’m on an ARC tour for it, I can’t wait until I get it in my little hands I’m going to devour it. Also isn’t the cover just beautiful, the pink flower is so vibrant against the black backdrop just as stunning as the cover for the Body Finder.

Well that’s my “waiting on” pick, what's yours this week?

12 comments:

Belinda said...

This sounds like a really interesting read. I'm interested in what you think of it when you get a chance to read it. Thanks for a great WOW!

Here's my WOW for the week

Lacey Weatherford said...

I love the covers on these books! they look like good reads too! :)
The Delusional Diaries

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

The cover for this is simply awesome. I have yet to read The Body Finder, but that's on my TBR pile. Sure that this one will be soon too!

Manda said...

Still need to read The Body Finder. Definitely will have to before this comes out so I don't miss out on all the hype :P

Heather said...

You know, I've really been wanting to read this series, and this book's synopsis is not dissuading me at all. Oh bookshelf... you need to grow! I'm running out of space!!!

Check out my pick HERE

Tara said...

I still haven't had a chance to read The Body Finder yet so I can't read this one until after, I suppose. I really want to, though. The Body Finder is coming up soon on my TBR list :) Thanks for sharing!

Here's what I'm waiting for this week :)

Jill said...

Nice pick...thanks for participating!

Straylights said...

I really like these covers. I read the first book in this series so I am definitely looking forward to this next one.


Come check out my WoW :)

sablelexi said...

wow, I've heard a lot of good things about the Body Finder and keep meaning to buy it. A second book seems like a good enough reason not to wait any more.

Check out my WOW here.

Also while you are there, please check out my Halloween Giveaway.

Amber said...

I've got the first novel in my TBR pile right now and can't wait to get to it. I'm sure I'll want this novel directly after it. Thanks for sharing!

My WoW

Flippin' Fabulous said...

Can't wait till this comes out so I can see what you think about this. I have yet to read the Body Finder so I guess I better get on it.

Check out my WOW and my 100+Follower Giveaway

-Stacey @ Flippin' Fabulous - A Reader's Record - WOW

Christy Townzen said...

I'm a new follower of your blog.

Here's what I'm waiting on this week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
Greetings fellow blog readers, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. Now you may be wondering who is lost.in.stories? Well lost.in.stories is also known as Romy, a 23 year old graduate student from Australia who loves to read. I read (maybe devour would be a more appropriate word) largely young adult novels, with a particular love of fantasy and paranormal novels, however I am also a sucker for a good romance.
View my complete profile

Email Subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Reading Challenges

Awards

Awards



ARC Tours

Counter

Guests Online

Stats