Currently Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Lost in Stories bookshelf: read

Tess of the D'UrbervillesThe AwakeningSome Girls BiteGirls Like Funny BoysKissed by an Angel Collector's Edition: Kissed by an Angel; the Power of Love; SoulmatesCity of Glass

More of Romy's books »
Romy's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Embrace by Jessica Shirvington



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" is:

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

Release Date: October 14, 2010
Publisher: Hachette Australia
Age Group: Young Adult

Violet Eden is dreading her seventeenth birthday dinner. After all, it’s hard to get too excited about the day that marks the anniversary of your mother’s death. The one bright spot is that Lincoln will be there. Sexy, mature and aloof, he is Violet’s idea of perfection. But why does he seem so reluctant to be anything more than a friend?

After he gives her the world’s most incredible kiss – and then abandons her on her front doorstep – Violet is determined to get some answers. But nothing could have prepared her for Lincoln’s explanation: he is Grigori – part angel and part human – and Violet is his eternal partner.

Without warning, Violet’s world is turned upside down. She never believed in God, let alone angels. But there’s no denying the strange changes in her body ... and her feelings for Lincoln. Suddenly, she can’t stand to be around him. Luckily, Phoenix, an exiled angel, has come into her life. He’s intense and enigmatic, but at least he never lied to her.

As Violet gets caught up in an ancient battle between dark and light, she must choose her path. The wrong choice could cost not only her life, but her eternity...

Angels, romance, intrigue, hot boys! Yep this is definitely my kind of book. Here’s a little interesting fact about Jessica Shirvington, she’s an Australian author (yay!) and she’s married to Olympic sprinter Matt Shirvington.

If anyone is interested there is an excerpt available online just click HERE.

Well that’s my “waiting on” pick, what's yours this week?

13 comments:

Cass said...

Wow! Added to my TBR. Sounds pretty good, and I'm always willing to try an Aussie-born book. :)

Little Miss Becky said...

This sounds amazing!! Please tell me this will eventually be available in the U.S.!!I love a good angel romance!

Tina said...

Mm, this book sounds good! A bit like Fallen, but anyhow, it's on my TBR now.

Belinda said...

WOW this sounds like an incredible read. Just put it on my TBR list :) Thanks so much for a great WOW and suggestion.

Come see what my WOW is this week

Straylights said...

This sounds great. I hope she chooses the bad guy haha!!


Check out my pick :D

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

This one looks and sounds so awesome. Going to be adding this to my TBR pile.

Alison Can Read said...

Sounds interesting! I need to read more Australian authors.
Alison Can Read

Tara said...

Ooh, this looks so great! I can't wait to read it. Thank you for sharing. I don't even have to wait long for it to come out :)

Here's my Waiting on wednesday pick :)

Jackie said...

Romy thanks for the heads up on a new author and new book for me to check out! Hope you get your pick when it releases next month!


My WOW today at Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories

jackie ^_^

Amber said...

I've never heard of this one but I'm adding it to my wishlist immediately! This looks great and I can't resist two good looking guys and angels. Thanks for the recommend!

My WoW

Anonymous said...

Wow, this one sounds really great! It's definitely going on my wish list!

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm always really happy to meet other Aussie book bloggers!

grace crawford said...

I really love stories with action packed.. I am very interested on reading it myself.. Thanks for an excellent review!

Grace Crawford Remote Hoodoo River Alaska Fly Fishing

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
Greetings fellow blog readers, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. Now you may be wondering who is lost.in.stories? Well lost.in.stories is also known as Romy, a 23 year old graduate student from Australia who loves to read. I read (maybe devour would be a more appropriate word) largely young adult novels, with a particular love of fantasy and paranormal novels, however I am also a sucker for a good romance.
View my complete profile

Email Subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Reading Challenges

Awards

Awards



ARC Tours

Counter

Guests Online

Stats