Currently Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Lost in Stories bookshelf: read

Tess of the D'UrbervillesThe AwakeningSome Girls BiteGirls Like Funny BoysKissed by an Angel Collector's Edition: Kissed by an Angel; the Power of Love; SoulmatesCity of Glass

More of Romy's books »
Romy's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
Saturday, September 25, 2010

I've been tagged!


This is an international game of tag and I've been tagged by Cass @ Words on Paper. I have to answer some questions about myself so all my wonderful bloggy readers can get to know me better and then I will tag four other bloggers so we can learn about them.

4 Things in my Purse Handbag Messenger Bag (I know it’s not as pretty as a handbag but gosh darn it its functional!)

* My iTouch (love, love, love my music, this is my most prized possession, my parents bought it for me as a graduation gift)
* My crappy old mobile (it was my dad’s but is was cheaper to reuse than buy one and I’m always going on about waste and recycling to everybody so I had to put my money where my mouth was, plus I read an article on the metal they use in phones and the gorillas in Africa which put me off buying a new phone when I have a perfectly good one at home, boy that was a long one)
* My pastel green leather notepad holder (I love this so much, it is durable, holds all my handouts from uni and also has a notepad in it which I use to madly scribble notes during lectures, gee this really is handy)
* My currently-reading book (if there’s no room for my book I have to remove something else because my book always comes with me wherever I go)

4 Things in/on my Desk

I don’t really use my desk in my bedroom it’s just used to put my pretty things on it, I use the desk we have in the study however because the study desk is boring I’ll describe 4 things that are in/on my bedroom desk

* Venetian masks (love these, when my mum and I were in Venice she bought one for me with these cool feathers on it, I have another one from my grandma she bought me when she was in Venice too)
* Globe of the world (I’ve always been fascinated with geography ever since I was young so I have to have my globe of the world on my desk)
* Collection of beanie toys and figurines (I never, NEVER, chuck anything out, I think my mum thinks I’m a hoarder, so over the years I have amassed a huge collection of toys and figurines some of which (the best ones) I’ve lined up on my desk)
* My Jewelry Stand (My mum bought me this it’s a bust of a woman made out of wire so you can hang your jewelry from, it’s really pretty and looks great with all my jewelry on it)

4 Favourite Things in my Bedroom

* My wardrobe (dah, it’s got all my clothes in it)
* My fabulous antique looking bed
* My bookshelf packed full with my books
* When they sleep in my room, my cat Tess and my mini schnauzer Gus

4 Things I Always Wanted to Do (but haven't yet)

* Travel to Africa to do volunteer work on a game reserve for 6 months
* Travel to Africa (again) to see the mountain gorillas in Rwanda
* Learn to drive a car (I know pretty bad, I’ve got my L’s and I’ve had 2 lessons but I’m not very good yet L)
* Speak German fluently (my mum is from Germany so I really want to be able to talk to her, I’m learning German at the moment but I’m not at the fluent stage yet)

4 Things I Enjoy Very Much at the Moment

* My holiday from uni, woo-hoo!
* Reading, reading, reading
* Walking my dog while listening to my iTouch, it’s very relaxing
* Blogging and surfing around other book blogs, your all so great!

4 Songs I Can't Get Out of My Head

* Florence and the Machine – Howl
* Mumm-Ra – She’s Got You High
* Augustana - Where the Love went Wrong
* Ra Ra Riot – Too Too Too Fast

4 Things you Don't Know About Me

[Brushtail Possum]

* I’m currently in my first year of my masters degree in zoology, I haven't started my research yet though just boring old subjects. I'll be getting into the research soon though which means collaring the possums and tracking their movements.

[Me and a macaw in the Peruvian Amazon]

[View of Machu Picchu from the Sun Gate]

* I love to travel. Last year I traveled to Ecuador, the Galapagos Islands and Peru. Whilst in Peru I trekked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, it nearly killed me, I cried, I barfed, I had stomach issues (sorry too much info), I suffered through altitude sickness but darn it I did it and it was all worth it when I saw the view of Machu Picchu from the Sun Gate simply stunning! I’ve also travel around Europe which I loved especially seeing my mums family in Germany
* I love animals since I was young, we’ve had everything from guinea pigs, ducks, cats, dogs, birds, mice, rats and birds, and we live in the suburbs about 20 mins from Melbourne city
* I am a committed vegetarian, ever since I read an article on chicken farming practices in Australia I decided no more meat and it's stuck

So there you go now you know a bit more about me, I hope I wasn't too boring. So the four people I am gonna tag are: Melissa (Spellbound by Books), The Bookish Snob, Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) and Little Miss Becky (Stories and Sweets).



5 comments:

Spellboundbybooks Mel said...

Thanks for tagging me. Love your answers :)

Little Miss Becky said...

Great answers! Thanks for tagging me, I'll be doing this sometimes this coming week! :)

Cass said...

Nice answers, Romy. :) I never knew you were such a nature nut! Also, you seem so cultured--a globe in your room? Just wow.

I'm also surprised at the fact that I've driven more than you have. Hehe. I'm still on Ls, but I'm not even in uni yet so I suppose I've got some edge on my older siblings. (they both got their Ps 1st-2nd year of uni)

I hope to travel the world, but seeing as money is usually needed for that kind of thing, I may just have to jump into your suitcases. :)

Belinda said...

Thank you so much for tagging me :) I just wanted to cry when I saw you write "mum" and then realized you were an Australian as well :) I was born and raised in Sydney and moved to the US to get married. I am so incredibly homesick!! I loved reading your answers and seeing words spelt as they should be LOL. I always joke with my husband that he speaks "corrupted" English as opposed to the beautifully perfect Queen's English that I speak. He just rolls his eyes at me and tells me to go throw another shrimp on the barbie LOL

Thanks again !

Unknown said...

Nice post, Thanks for your very useful Information, I will bookmark for next reference

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
Greetings fellow blog readers, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. Now you may be wondering who is lost.in.stories? Well lost.in.stories is also known as Romy, a 23 year old graduate student from Australia who loves to read. I read (maybe devour would be a more appropriate word) largely young adult novels, with a particular love of fantasy and paranormal novels, however I am also a sucker for a good romance.
View my complete profile

Email Subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Reading Challenges

Awards

Awards



ARC Tours

Counter

Guests Online

Stats