- Review: Return to Paradise (Leaving Paradise #2) b...
- Congratulations to Kirsty Eagar!
- Waiting on Wednesday: Desires of the Dead by Kimbe...
- Teaser Tuesday #11
- Review: Matched by Ally Condie
- In My Mailbox #13
- I've Received Some Bloggy Awards!
- I've been tagged!
- Aussie YA Author Appearances @ Borders Melbourne C...
- Author Interview + Giveaway: Fiona Wood
- Book Blogger Hop #12 & Follow Friday #6
- Win Lunch with author Kirsty Eagar and a tour of P...
- Author Interview: Kirsty Eagar
- Waiting on Wednesday: Embrace by Jessica Shirvingt...
- Teaser Tuesday #10
- In My Mailbox #12
- Review: Fury by Shirley Marr
- Book Blogger Hop #11 & Follow Friday #5
- Waiting on Wednesday: Vampire Crush by A. M. Robin...
- In My Mailbox #11
- Book Blogger Hop #10 & Follow Friday #4
- Waiting on Wednesday: Please Ignore Vera Dietz by ...
- Teaser Tuesday #9
- Book Blogger Hop #9 & Follow Friday #3
- Review: Saltwater Vampires by Kirsty Eagar
- Waiting on Wednesday: Starstruck by Cyn Balog
- ▼ September (26)
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
10:33 PM | Posted by Romy @ Lost.in.Stories | Edit Post
This is an international game of tag and I've been tagged by Cass @ Words on Paper. I have to answer some questions about myself so all my wonderful bloggy readers can get to know me better and then I will tag four other bloggers so we can learn about them.
4 Things in my
Purse Handbag Messenger Bag (I know it’s not as pretty as a handbag but gosh darn it its functional!)
* My iTouch (love, love, love my music, this is my most prized possession, my parents bought it for me as a graduation gift)
* My crappy old mobile (it was my dad’s but is was cheaper to reuse than buy one and I’m always going on about waste and recycling to everybody so I had to put my money where my mouth was, plus I read an article on the metal they use in phones and the gorillas in Africa which put me off buying a new phone when I have a perfectly good one at home, boy that was a long one)
* My pastel green leather notepad holder (I love this so much, it is durable, holds all my handouts from uni and also has a notepad in it which I use to madly scribble notes during lectures, gee this really is handy)
* My currently-reading book (if there’s no room for my book I have to remove something else because my book always comes with me wherever I go)
4 Things in/on my Desk
I don’t really use my desk in my bedroom it’s just used to put my pretty things on it, I use the desk we have in the study however because the study desk is boring I’ll describe 4 things that are in/on my bedroom desk
* Venetian masks (love these, when my mum and I were in Venice she bought one for me with these cool feathers on it, I have another one from my grandma she bought me when she was in Venice too)
* Globe of the world (I’ve always been fascinated with geography ever since I was young so I have to have my globe of the world on my desk)
* Collection of beanie toys and figurines (I never, NEVER, chuck anything out, I think my mum thinks I’m a hoarder, so over the years I have amassed a huge collection of toys and figurines some of which (the best ones) I’ve lined up on my desk)
* My Jewelry Stand (My mum bought me this it’s a bust of a woman made out of wire so you can hang your jewelry from, it’s really pretty and looks great with all my jewelry on it)
4 Favourite Things in my Bedroom
* My wardrobe (dah, it’s got all my clothes in it)
* My fabulous antique looking bed
* My bookshelf packed full with my books
* When they sleep in my room, my cat Tess and my mini schnauzer Gus
4 Things I Always Wanted to Do (but haven't yet)
* Travel to Africa to do volunteer work on a game reserve for 6 months
* Travel to Africa (again) to see the mountain gorillas in Rwanda
* Learn to drive a car (I know pretty bad, I’ve got my L’s and I’ve had 2 lessons but I’m not very good yet L)
* Speak German fluently (my mum is from Germany so I really want to be able to talk to her, I’m learning German at the moment but I’m not at the fluent stage yet)
4 Things I Enjoy Very Much at the Moment
* My holiday from uni, woo-hoo!
, reading, reading Reading
* Walking my dog while listening to my iTouch, it’s very relaxing
* Blogging and surfing around other book blogs, your all so great!
4 Songs I Can't Get Out of My Head
* Florence and the Machine – Howl
* Mumm-Ra – She’s Got You High
* Augustana - Where the Love went Wrong
* Ra Ra Riot – Too Too Too Fast
4 Things you Don't Know About Me
* I’m currently in my first year of my masters degree in zoology, I haven't started my research yet though just boring old subjects. I'll be getting into the research soon though which means collaring the possums and tracking their movements.
[Me and a macaw in the Peruvian Amazon]
[View of Machu Picchu from the Sun Gate]
* I love to travel. Last year I traveled to
Ecuador, the Galapagos Islands and . Whilst in Peru I trekked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, it nearly killed me, I cried, I barfed, I had stomach issues (sorry too much info), I suffered through altitude sickness but darn it I did it and it was all worth it when I saw the view of Machu Picchu from the Sun Gate simply stunning! I’ve also travel around Europe which I loved especially seeing my mums family in Germany Peru
* I love animals since I was young, we’ve had everything from guinea pigs, ducks, cats, dogs, birds, mice, rats and birds, and we live in the suburbs about 20 mins from Melbourne city
* I am a committed vegetarian, ever since I read an article on chicken farming practices in Australia I decided no more meat and it's stuck
So there you go now you know a bit more about me, I hope I wasn't too boring. So the four people I am gonna tag are: Melissa (Spellbound by Books), The Bookish Snob, Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) and Little Miss Becky (Stories and Sweets).
Labels: Bloggy News
- Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
- Greetings fellow blog readers, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. Now you may be wondering who is lost.in.stories? Well lost.in.stories is also known as Romy, a 23 year old graduate student from Australia who loves to read. I read (maybe devour would be a more appropriate word) largely young adult novels, with a particular love of fantasy and paranormal novels, however I am also a sucker for a good romance.
- Angels (2)
- Australian (5)
- Author Appearances (5)
- Author Guest Post (1)
- Author Interviews (4)
- Author News (2)
- Awards (4)
- Bloggy News (7)
- Book Blogger Hop (22)
- Book News (2)
- Book Trailers (1)
- Book-to-Movie News (3)
- Contests (3)
- Cover Reveals (4)
- Dystopian (1)
- Faeries (4)
- Fantasy (10)
- Festivals (1)
- Follow Friday (11)
- Free Reads (1)
- Giveaways (15)
- Goblins (1)
- Historical (1)
- In My Mailbox (26)
- Memoir (1)
- Miscellaneous (2)
- Paranormal (4)
- Reading Challenges (2)
- Realistic/Contemporary (11)
- Review (39)
- Romance (10)
- Series (24)
- Teaser Tuesdays (26)
- Teasers (3)
- Vampires (9)
- Videos (3)
- Waiting on Wednesday (31)
- Welcome (2)
- Werewolves (1)