- Bloggy Downtime
- In My Mailbox #21
- Review: Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles #2) ...
- Who wants a $20 shopping voucher from Borders Aust...
- Want to be one of the first people in Australia to...
- Book Blogger Hop #20 & Follow Friday #14
- Waiting on Wednesday: Last Sacrifice by Richelle M...
- Teaser Tuesday #17
- 2011 Debut Author Challenge
- In My Mailbox #20
- Book Blogger Hop #19 & Follow Friday #13
- Waiting on Wednesday: Dead Rules by Randy Russell
- Teaser Tuesday #16
- In My Mailbox #19
- Jane Eyre Movie Trailer
- Review: Embrace by Jessica Shirvington
- Book Blogger Hop #18 & Follow Friday #12
- Waiting on Wednesday: The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hami...
- Teaser Tuesday #15
- In My Mailbox #18
- Book Blogger Hop #17 & Follow Friday #11
- Win a copy of The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller
- Review: The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller
- Waiting on Wednesday: Bumped by Megan McCafferty
- Teaser Tuesday #14
- ▼ November (25)
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, November 5, 2010
12:30 PM | Posted by Romy @ Lost.in.Stories | Edit Post
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy for Books whilst Follow Friday is hosted by ParaJunkee’s View. ‘The Hop’ and ‘Follow Friday’ are a great way to find other people who love to blog about books just like me! So if you’re interested in participating why not check out both Crazy for Books and ParaJunkee’s View for more information.
Jennifer also asks us hopper’s to answer a new question each week, so today’s question for the Hop is (*drum roll please*):
What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?
I know I probably shouldn’t take it personally, I mean these things happen and it’s not the end of the world, but sometimes I do and I begin to think what’s wrong with my blog am I doing something wrong. I guess I just need to remember everyone is different and has different opinions of what they do and don’t like, for every person that enjoys my bloggy musings there are probably lots of others who don’t really find my blog that interesting to them at all and that’s okay. So basically I (and others) should not take loosing followers personally we must always remember that the people unsubscribing from our blogs are not being mean or spiteful.
I really think Jennifer’s answer to this question is really interesting especially where she brings up ‘what exactly is a follower?’, is it the number of friends you have on google friend connect or is it the people that visit your blog and comment regularly? I’d definitely say the second one because these individuals are actually coming back to your blog on a regular basis whereas many people listed on my google friend connect probably don’t visit my blog on a regular basis at all.
For the second part of the question I have never stopped following a blog before even though I don’t visit many of them regularly, I mean I try and visit as many blogs as I can on a weekly basis (I have my favourites I visit regularly) but I just don’t have the time.
ParaJunkee also asks us follower’s to answer a question each week, so today’s question for the Follow is:
Who are your favourite authors?
Oohh that’s a hard one as I have so many but I guess I’ll just list a few. First off the classics, Jane Austen, Elizabeth Gaskell and Charlotte Brontë all write novels which I can read over and over again and never get tired of them.
For more ‘modernist’ authors J.K. Rowling is an author who I just adore (along with many of you I’m sure), I mean Harry Potter amazing! I’ll also read anything from Maggie Stiefvater’s (I fell in love with Maggie’s lyrical prose early this year after reading Shiver), Rachel Caine (Morganville Vampires anyone?), Kimberly Derting (The Body Finder novels), Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games, an amazing suspense thrilled series with a strong female lead character!) and Justina Chen Headley (for writing a book that I couldn’t stop thinking about even after I finished it).
Book Blogger Hop #17 & Follow Friday #11
Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
Book Blogger Hop|Follow Friday|
- Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
- Greetings fellow blog readers, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. Now you may be wondering who is lost.in.stories? Well lost.in.stories is also known as Romy, a 23 year old graduate student from Australia who loves to read. I read (maybe devour would be a more appropriate word) largely young adult novels, with a particular love of fantasy and paranormal novels, however I am also a sucker for a good romance.
- Angels (2)
- Australian (5)
- Author Appearances (5)
- Author Guest Post (1)
- Author Interviews (4)
- Author News (2)
- Awards (4)
- Bloggy News (7)
- Book Blogger Hop (22)
- Book News (2)
- Book Trailers (1)
- Book-to-Movie News (3)
- Contests (3)
- Cover Reveals (4)
- Dystopian (1)
- Faeries (4)
- Fantasy (10)
- Festivals (1)
- Follow Friday (11)
- Free Reads (1)
- Giveaways (15)
- Goblins (1)
- Historical (1)
- In My Mailbox (26)
- Memoir (1)
- Miscellaneous (2)
- Paranormal (4)
- Reading Challenges (2)
- Realistic/Contemporary (11)
- Review (39)
- Romance (10)
- Series (24)
- Teaser Tuesdays (26)
- Teasers (3)
- Vampires (9)
- Videos (3)
- Waiting on Wednesday (31)
- Welcome (2)
- Werewolves (1)