- Bloggy Downtime
- In My Mailbox #21
- Review: Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles #2) ...
- Who wants a $20 shopping voucher from Borders Aust...
- Want to be one of the first people in Australia to...
- Book Blogger Hop #20 & Follow Friday #14
- Waiting on Wednesday: Last Sacrifice by Richelle M...
- Teaser Tuesday #17
- 2011 Debut Author Challenge
- In My Mailbox #20
- Book Blogger Hop #19 & Follow Friday #13
- Waiting on Wednesday: Dead Rules by Randy Russell
- Teaser Tuesday #16
- In My Mailbox #19
- Jane Eyre Movie Trailer
- Review: Embrace by Jessica Shirvington
- Book Blogger Hop #18 & Follow Friday #12
- Waiting on Wednesday: The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hami...
- Teaser Tuesday #15
- In My Mailbox #18
- Book Blogger Hop #17 & Follow Friday #11
- Win a copy of The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller
- Review: The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller
- Waiting on Wednesday: Bumped by Megan McCafferty
- Teaser Tuesday #14
- ▼ November (25)
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
6:23 PM | Posted by Romy @ Lost.in.Stories | Edit Post
I’ve just signed up to the 2011 Debut Author challenge hosted by Kristi over at that fabulous blog we all know and love The Story Siren. You’re all probably thinking well that’s all well and good but what exactly is this 2011 Debut Author Challenge Romy? Well this challenge aims to highlight young adult and middle grade authors who are releasing their first novel in 2011. The challenge is to read at least twelve debut novels. Anyone can join. You don't have to be a blogger, and you don't have to live in the
which is excellent as I live down under! United States
So does this sound like something you’d love to participate in? If the answer is YES this sounds awesome all you have to do is go to the sign up page to let Kristi know your participating in the challenge.
For more info Kristi has written a really helpful FAQ post, I definitely recommend reading that post before you go to the sign up page. There is also a general info post all about the challenge, which also has a list of 2011 debut authors (which will come in very handy), you should check out too
I’ve started having a look at what debut books I want to read, here’s what I have so far:
The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney (08/02/2011)
Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard (08/03/2011) – so excited for this one, I’ve been waiting for ages!
Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton (26/04/2011)
*I’ve already received an ARC of this from Penguin
, I still haven’t read it yet though I may however read it in December, if I do this will not be part of the challenge Australia
# Side note, I've just thought about this but my American readers may think I can’t write dates correctly, I can, it’s just this is how we do our dates in Australia, we do the day first and then the month, sorry if it’s confusing
This list is by no means complete, I’ll definitely be adding to it! I just need to take the time and sit down with my laptop and browse my goodreads account.
As I’m doing The Contempts challenge as well I’ve decided I’m going to create a separate ‘Reading Challenge’ page where I’ll list all the books I want to read for my challenges (which should make everything easier). I’m going to create a link in my drop down menu so if you really want to know my complete list of what I’m going to read keep checking back and sometime voila! I will have a challenge page!
Labels: Reading Challenges
2011 Debut Author Challenge
Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
- Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
- Greetings fellow blog readers, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. Now you may be wondering who is lost.in.stories? Well lost.in.stories is also known as Romy, a 23 year old graduate student from Australia who loves to read. I read (maybe devour would be a more appropriate word) largely young adult novels, with a particular love of fantasy and paranormal novels, however I am also a sucker for a good romance.
- Angels (2)
- Australian (5)
- Author Appearances (5)
- Author Guest Post (1)
- Author Interviews (4)
- Author News (2)
- Awards (4)
- Bloggy News (7)
- Book Blogger Hop (22)
- Book News (2)
- Book Trailers (1)
- Book-to-Movie News (3)
- Contests (3)
- Cover Reveals (4)
- Dystopian (1)
- Faeries (4)
- Fantasy (10)
- Festivals (1)
- Follow Friday (11)
- Free Reads (1)
- Giveaways (15)
- Goblins (1)
- Historical (1)
- In My Mailbox (26)
- Memoir (1)
- Miscellaneous (2)
- Paranormal (4)
- Reading Challenges (2)
- Realistic/Contemporary (11)
- Review (39)
- Romance (10)
- Series (24)
- Teaser Tuesdays (26)
- Teasers (3)
- Vampires (9)
- Videos (3)
- Waiting on Wednesday (31)
- Welcome (2)
- Werewolves (1)