Currently Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Lost in Stories bookshelf: read

Tess of the D'UrbervillesThe AwakeningSome Girls BiteGirls Like Funny BoysKissed by an Angel Collector's Edition: Kissed by an Angel; the Power of Love; SoulmatesCity of Glass

More of Romy's books »
Romy's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: The Weight of Bones by Janet Gurtler



Before I get to my “Waiting on Wednesday” pick I’ll just mention that my posting may decrease the next few weeks as I’ve nearly finished uni for the year which means lots of assignments due and exams so I’m going to be pretty busy concentrating on that stuff. I’ll do my best to write a review a week though. I’ve nearly finished Beautiful Darkness so hopefully I will have my review posted by the end of this week. Now with that finished I’ll get back to the good stuff!

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" is:

The Weight of Bones by Janet Gurtler

Release Date: 1st April 2011
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Age Group: Young Adult

“For the first time in my life, I didn’t feel envy…”

Tess is the exact opposite of her beautiful, athletic sister. And that’s okay. Kristina is the sporty one, Tess is the smart one, and they each have their place. Until Kristina is diagnosed with cancer. Suddenly Tess is the center of the popular crowd, everyone eager for updates. There are senior boys flirting with her. Yet the smiles of her picture-perfect family are cracking and her sister could be dying. Now Tess has to fill a new role: the strong one. Because if she doesn’t hold it together, who will?

Janet Gurtler tests the bonds of sisterhood in this moving debut that readers of Jodi Picoult and Sarah Dessen will savor.

Love the sound of this book, I really enjoy reading about sibling dynamics, I mean change the beautiful, athletic sister into a boy and you have my brother (and yes I’m just like Tess, the smart one, does that sound like I’m a bit up myself?). So basically I’ll be picking myself up a copy of this when it’s released.

Well that’s my “waiting on” pick, what's yours this week?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
Greetings fellow blog readers, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. Now you may be wondering who is lost.in.stories? Well lost.in.stories is also known as Romy, a 23 year old graduate student from Australia who loves to read. I read (maybe devour would be a more appropriate word) largely young adult novels, with a particular love of fantasy and paranormal novels, however I am also a sucker for a good romance.
View my complete profile

Email Subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Reading Challenges

Awards

Awards



ARC Tours

Counter

Guests Online

Stats