Currently Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Lost in Stories bookshelf: read

Tess of the D'UrbervillesThe AwakeningSome Girls BiteGirls Like Funny BoysKissed by an Angel Collector's Edition: Kissed by an Angel; the Power of Love; SoulmatesCity of Glass

More of Romy's books »
Romy's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
Friday, October 15, 2010

Book Blogger Hop #15 & Follow Friday #9



Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy for Books whilst Follow Friday is hosted by ParaJunkee’s View. ‘The Hop’ and ‘Follow Friday’ are a great way to find other people who love to blog about books just like me! So if you’re interested in participating why not check out both Crazy for Books and ParaJunkee’s View for more information.

Jennifer also asks us hopper’s to answer a new question each week, so today’s question for the Hop is (*drum roll please*):

When you read a book that you just can't get into, do you stick it out and keep reading or move to your next title?

Once I start a book I usually stick it out and keep reading, I’ll only stop reading a book I haven’t finished if I find the book really terrible or very boring and that doesn’t happen that much. Thankfully I haven’t had to stop midway through one of my review books as of yet (touch wood) but I don’t think I’d keep reading a review book if I really didn’t like it, I mean I’d give it another try because it’s a review book, but if it’s still not happening for me I’d stop. For me the whole point in reading something is because you enjoy it, you won’t if you force yourself to read it and your review will reflect this, focusing mostly on the negatives.

ParaJunkee also asks us follower’s to answer a question each week, so today’s question for the Follow is:

What is your reading suggestion this week?

Because this is me and I can never stick to just suggesting one book, I'm going to suggest two books to read which I think is pretty good of me as I could list many more, there are so many good ones!

So the two books that I'm going to recommend are:

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

This is one of my favourite reads of 2010, it's about a girl, Violet, who can sense the dead. The whole concept is so unique and Kimberly is such a masterful storyteller, I was hooked from the first page. Throughout the book we follow Violet as she grapples with her 'gift' whilst also trying to understand her blossoming romantic feelings towards her best friend Jay (who I'm absolutely in love with) and dealing with the fact that a serial killer is on the loose targeting teenage girls and Violet could be next.... I've only just finished reading and reviewing the sequel to The Body Finder, Desires of the Dead, which I loved just as much as the first so if you haven't gotten on The Body Finder band wagon now is the time to start especially before the sequel is released next year.

Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

This classic tale set in the 1800s of a young girl used and abused is a must read. Whilst it is a very emotional read it has some very important themes in it, especially the treatment of women. This book probably isn't for everybody but those of you who are remotely interested I highly recommend reading it, it will stay with you even after you've finished reading it.


Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
Greetings fellow blog readers, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. Now you may be wondering who is lost.in.stories? Well lost.in.stories is also known as Romy, a 23 year old graduate student from Australia who loves to read. I read (maybe devour would be a more appropriate word) largely young adult novels, with a particular love of fantasy and paranormal novels, however I am also a sucker for a good romance.
View my complete profile

Email Subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Reading Challenges

Awards

Awards



ARC Tours

Counter

Guests Online

Stats