Currently Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Lost in Stories bookshelf: read

Tess of the D'UrbervillesThe AwakeningSome Girls BiteGirls Like Funny BoysKissed by an Angel Collector's Edition: Kissed by an Angel; the Power of Love; SoulmatesCity of Glass

More of Romy's books »
Romy's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
Monday, October 4, 2010

Hanging out with Cath Crowley, Simmone Howell and Fiona Wood @ Borders



Whilst everyone was either at home watching the grand final footy match (take 2) or actually at the footy I hopped the train into the city with my mother in tow to go and see Cath Crowley, Simmone Howell and Fiona Wood at Borders Melbourne Central for what was billed as ‘Normal Romance - A Conversation & Author Signing’.

Unfortunately not many people turned up, probably due to that darn footy match, which was a shame because it was a really entertaining and interesting session plus we were supplied with delicious little cupcakes, yummy! I also got to meet Megan from Literary Life as well as author Emily Gale who wrote Girl, Aloud: The Teensy Talent of a Reluctant Rock Chick, which I haven’t read yet but it has been put in my ever increasing TBR pile.

Fiona, Cath and Simmone in discussion mode.

Anyway back to the discussion section of the event, Cath, Simmone and Fiona all spoke about romance in their books and read excerpts which described an aspect of romance. One of the first things that was mentioned was that many YA books today with a romance aspect in them seem to portray romance as this all encompassing love at first sight thing when in reality as well as in Cath, Simmone and Fiona’s books romance isn’t portrayed as something that suddenly happens when you see the person but it’s gradual and not all consuming. A discussion about romance in YA novels surely Twilight must have been mentioned you say, well yes it was in fact mentioned, but only briefly. Cath mentioned she hadn’t read Twilight before so I recommended she go to YouTube and watch Alex Reads Twilight which is very funny.

Group picture! I know I look a little awkward I do this weird straight hand thing in photos.

Afterwards I got my books signed, squee I love getting my books signed, and had a great chat with Fiona.




I had such a great day, Cath, Simmone and Fiona were so lovely I’ll definitely be going to anything involving these authors again! What happened to my mother who tagged along you ask well she also thoroughly enjoyed herself as well she even got to talk about her love of native Australian wildlife to everyone!

Cath’s Graffiti Moon, Simmone’s Everything Beautiful and Fiona’s Six Impossible Things are all available now from all good bookstores, so why not pick up a copy?

Also just a reminder my Six Impossible Things Giveaway is still going on, simply click the banner I have at the top of my blog post, you can’t miss it, this will take you to the page which has all the details.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
Greetings fellow blog readers, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. Now you may be wondering who is lost.in.stories? Well lost.in.stories is also known as Romy, a 23 year old graduate student from Australia who loves to read. I read (maybe devour would be a more appropriate word) largely young adult novels, with a particular love of fantasy and paranormal novels, however I am also a sucker for a good romance.
View my complete profile

Email Subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Reading Challenges

Awards

Awards



ARC Tours

Counter

Guests Online

Stats