Currently Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Lost in Stories bookshelf: read

Tess of the D'UrbervillesThe AwakeningSome Girls BiteGirls Like Funny BoysKissed by an Angel Collector's Edition: Kissed by an Angel; the Power of Love; SoulmatesCity of Glass

More of Romy's books »
Romy's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
Friday, October 1, 2010

Book Blogger Hop #13 & Follow Friday #7



Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy for Books whilst Follow Friday is hosted by ParaJunkee’s View. ‘The Hop’ and ‘Follow Friday’ are a great way to find other people who love to blog about books just like me! So if you’re interested in participating why not check out both Crazy for Books and ParaJunkee’s View for more information.

Jennifer also asks us hopper’s to answer a new question each week, so today’s question for the Hop is (*drum roll please*):

How do you spread the word about your blog?
(e.g. Social Networking sites, Book Blog Directories, comments on other blogs...)

I do a whole lot of different things, I’m a member of Book Blogs which is a community of book bloggers where we discuss what we’re doing on our blogs, they also give some really helpful blogging tips. I’ve also added my blog to the YA Book Blog Directory where people go to find YA book blogs and the Australian Book Blogger Directory. I’m seriously considering starting up a twitter account, a lot of blogs and authors seem to be using it but I’m still not 100% sure just yet, what do you guys think?

Whilst I have found these to be good at spreading the word about my blog I think just interacting with other members in the blogging community is the most important so I do try to comment on lots of different blogs around. I like to receive comments so I’m sure everyone else does but I never leave my web address in the comment section for some reason I personally don’t feel comfortable doing that but I don’t mind when people do that on my blog though. I was also really lucky to get my blog onto the ‘blogs we like’ section under Penguin Australia’s YA book site ‘Behind the Lines’ as I won an ARC they were giving away, I simply sent them an email asking if it was okay if I could put a review for the book up on my site, I then received an email back asking me if they could put my blog on their website and asked if I would be willing to review some books for them. So I guess what I’m saying is there a whole lot of different ways you can spread the word about your blog some more standard than others but I really believe if you have a blog that people like other people will spread the word about your blog for you, word of mouth is very powerful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
Greetings fellow blog readers, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. Now you may be wondering who is lost.in.stories? Well lost.in.stories is also known as Romy, a 23 year old graduate student from Australia who loves to read. I read (maybe devour would be a more appropriate word) largely young adult novels, with a particular love of fantasy and paranormal novels, however I am also a sucker for a good romance.
View my complete profile

Email Subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Reading Challenges

Awards

Awards



ARC Tours

Counter

Guests Online

Stats