Currently Reading

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Lost in Stories bookshelf: read

Tess of the D'UrbervillesThe AwakeningSome Girls BiteGirls Like Funny BoysKissed by an Angel Collector's Edition: Kissed by an Angel; the Power of Love; SoulmatesCity of Glass

More of Romy's books »
Romy's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
Monday, August 23, 2010

In My Mailbox #9


In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren once a week which explores the weekly contents of your mailbox and books bought.


To Review:

Saltwater Vampires by Kirsty Eagar (Penguin/August 30, 2010 - Australia)

He looked to the sky, praying for rain, a downpour, some sign from the heavens that he should refuse the abomination contained in that flask. But all he saw was the bloated white face of the moon smiling down on him …

And the sky around it was cold and clear and black …

They made their circle of blood. And only the moon witnessed the slaughter that followed.

For Jamie Mackie, summer holidays in the coastal town of Rocky Head mean surfing, making money, and good times at the local music festival. But this year, vampires are on the festival's line-up … fulfilling a pact made on the wreck of the Batavia, four hundred years ago. If their plans succeed, nobody in Rocky Head will survive to see out the new year.

Siren by Tricia Rayburn (Penguin/August 2, 2010 – Australia)
The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (Penguin/August 30, 2010 – Australia)
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore (Penguin/August 30, 2010 – Australia)

I had to put the blurb for Saltwater Vampires up, I’m really excited to be reading it. I’ve read the prologue and it’s pretty dark and creepy.

A big thanks to Penguin Australia for sending me these books to review!

Bought:

The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (Razorbill/August 10, 2010)

I ordered this last week from overseas, it came Friday along with my review copy from Penguin, so now I have two. I’m thinking a giveaway is coming up, yay!

So that’s it from me, I hope you guys all had a great week, what books did you receive?

5 comments:

Sugar and Snark said...

I hope you enjoy your books! :D

Lu
http://lusbookblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I Am Number Four is appearing everywhere, I can't wait for your review to see if it is something I'd like!

E.J. Stevens said...

Ooh, I want to read all of these! Great mailbox! My IMM Birthday Edition is here.

xx,
E.J
From the Shadows

Cass said...

Ooh! These are all from Australia! Well done- you're "stimulating" OUR economy...hehe, unlike me. Well okay, you didn't buy them, but Penguin would've had to pay shipping for them. ;) Great books! Hope you enjoy.

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

Ooh, you have The Eternal Ones and Siren. Am so dying to read those books :) Hope you enjoy your reads this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
Greetings fellow blog readers, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. Now you may be wondering who is lost.in.stories? Well lost.in.stories is also known as Romy, a 23 year old graduate student from Australia who loves to read. I read (maybe devour would be a more appropriate word) largely young adult novels, with a particular love of fantasy and paranormal novels, however I am also a sucker for a good romance.
View my complete profile

Email Subscription

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Reading Challenges

Awards

Awards



ARC Tours

Counter

Guests Online

Stats