- It’s Raining Author Appearances in Australia!
- Book Blogger Hop (#5)
- Tyger Tyger (Goblin Wars #1) by Kersten Hamilton
- Waiting on Wednesday: Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hub...
- Bloggy News - Email Updates
- Teaser Tuesday #3
- Giveaway Winners Announced!
- In My Mailbox #5
- Book Blogger Hop (#4)
- Only 2 More Days To Get Your Entries In!
- Cover of Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead Revealed
- Waiting on Wednesday: Blood & Flowers by Penny Blu...
- Teaser Tuesday #2
- In My Mailbox #4
- Melbourne Writers Festival (Aug 27 – Sep 5, 2010)
- Book Blogger Hop (#3)
- Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely #2) by Melissa Marr
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare Excerpt
- Waiting on Wednesday: Ghost Town by Rachel Caine
- Versatile Blogger Award
- Teaser Tuesday #1
- Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
- In My Mailbox #3
- UnSweetined by Jodie Sweetin
- Book Blogger Hop (#2)
- Prolific Blogger Award
- Waiting on Wednesday: Return to Paradise by Simone...
- Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles #2) by Alyxandra Harv...
- It Started with a Dare by Lindsay Faith Rech
- In My Mailbox #2
- 50 Followers Giveaway!
- Win One of 5 Copies of Shadow Hills by Anastasia H...
- Book Blogger Hop (#1)
- Read Pretty Little Liars for Free
- Win a Signed ARC of Angelfire
- ▼ July (35)
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
4:05 PM | Posted by Romy @ Lost.in.Stories | Edit Post
In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren once a week which explores the weekly contents of your mailbox and books bought.
Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely #3) by Melissa Marr (HarperTeen/April 9, 2009)
Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone—but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he'd ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.
Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures who'd always terrified her—but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality to make her a monarch, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever imagined.
In Melissa Marr's third mesmerizing tale of Faerie, Seth and Aislinn struggle to stay true to themselves and each other in a milieu of shadowy rules and shifting allegiances, where old friends become new enemies and one wrong move could plunge the Earth into chaos.
I know what can I say I’m obsessed with this series, once I finished Ink Exchange I immediately hopped online and ordered Fragile Eternity which I’ve already finished, so I’ll be posting my review soon!
Fury by Shirley Marr (Black Dog Books/May 1, 2010)
Let me tell you my story.
Not just the facts I know you want to hear.
If I’m going to tell you my story,
I’m telling it my way.
Strap yourself in...
Eliza Boans has everything.
A big house.
A great education.
A great education.
A bright future.
So why is she sitting in a police station confessing to murder?
With the Melbourne Writers Festival coming up I was browsing around the website and came upon Shirley Marr’s page, once I read the blurb for her book Fury (from Goodreads of course) I immediately booked tickets to see her talk. I was browsing/lurking around another bookstore today and what luck I found Fury so I thought I better buy and read the book before I go to the festival. Hopefully I may even get her to sign it, yay!
Stargazer (Evernight #2) by Claudia Gray (HarperTeen/March 24,2009)
The vampire in me was closer to the surface...
But Bianca fell in love with Lucas—a vampire hunter sworn to destroy her kind. They were torn apart when his true identity was revealed, forcing him to flee the school. Although they may be separated, Bianca and Lucas will not give each other up. She will risk anything for the chance to see him again, even if it means coming face-to-face with the vampire hunters of Black Cross—or deceiving the powerful vampires of Evernight. Bianca's secrets will force her to live a life of lies.
Yet Bianca isn't the only one keeping secrets. When Evernight is attacked by an evil force that seems to target her, she discovers the truth she thought she knew is only the beginning....
I read Evernight a while ago so I thought it was time I’d give the second book in the series a go.
This week was another slow week for me but I am happy to say my intensive stats course has finished the lecture block (finally!) so I should have more time to do what I love, read, read, read oh and also write up some reviews. So stay tuned this week for reviews of Fragile Eternity, Tyger Tyger and Twice Bitten. I hope you guys all had a great week, what books did you receive?
Labels: In My Mailbox
- Romy @ Lost.in.Stories
- Greetings fellow blog readers, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by. Now you may be wondering who is lost.in.stories? Well lost.in.stories is also known as Romy, a 23 year old graduate student from Australia who loves to read. I read (maybe devour would be a more appropriate word) largely young adult novels, with a particular love of fantasy and paranormal novels, however I am also a sucker for a good romance.
- Angels (2)
- Australian (5)
- Author Appearances (5)
- Author Guest Post (1)
- Author Interviews (4)
- Author News (2)
- Awards (4)
- Bloggy News (7)
- Book Blogger Hop (22)
- Book News (2)
- Book Trailers (1)
- Book-to-Movie News (3)
- Contests (3)
- Cover Reveals (4)
- Dystopian (1)
- Faeries (4)
- Fantasy (10)
- Festivals (1)
- Follow Friday (11)
- Free Reads (1)
- Giveaways (15)
- Goblins (1)
- Historical (1)
- In My Mailbox (26)
- Memoir (1)
- Miscellaneous (2)
- Paranormal (4)
- Reading Challenges (2)
- Realistic/Contemporary (11)
- Review (39)
- Romance (10)
- Series (24)
- Teaser Tuesdays (26)
- Teasers (3)
- Vampires (9)
- Videos (3)
- Waiting on Wednesday (31)
- Welcome (2)
- Werewolves (1)